- Ph.D, Near Eastern Archaeology, University of Chicago (2004)
- M.A., Near Eastern Archaeology, University of Chicago (2000)
- B.A., Archaeology and Near Eastern Studies, Wheaton College (1996)
Religion of Ancient Israel; Archaeology and Cultural Adaptation of Refugees in Antiquity; Ancient Warfare
- Archaeology of Ancient Israel (ANE 162)
- First Civilizations (ANE/MES M50A)
- Jerusalem the Holy City (ANE 10W)
- 2011 An Anthropological Model for the Investigation of the Archaeology of Refuges in Iron Age Judah and Its Environs. In Interpreting Exile: Interdisciplinary Studies of Displacement and Deportation in Biblical and Modern Contexts, edited by B.E. Kelle and F.R. Ames. Ancient Israel and Its Literature Series, Society of Biblical Literature, Atlanta.
- 2011 The Archaeology of Ritual and Religion in Ancient Israel and the Levant and the Origins of Judaism. In Oxford Handbook of the Archaeology of Ritual and Religion, edited by T. Insoll, pp. 895–907, Oxford University, Oxford.