To enter the Study of Religion minor, students must have an overall grade-point average of 2.0 or better.
Preparation – 1 (One Lower Division Course)
- Religion M4
- Religion 11
- Religion M50
- Religion M60A
- Religion M60W
Required – 6 (Six Upper Division Courses)
One (1) Core Study:
- Religion 101
Five (5) Elective Courses from either:
Theory and Methods
- Anthropology 130, 142P
- Religion 110, 120, 150, 160, 177, 180, M186C
Religious Ideas, Practices and Institutions
- Ancient Near East 162
- Anthropology 114P, 162, 168P
- Arabic 120
- Art History C115A, C120, 150A, 152A, 154A, 154B, 156
- Asian 151, 162
- Chinese 165, C175
- Classics 166A, 166B, M167, English 111A, 111B, 111C, 145, 156
- Greek 130
- Hebrew 120, 130
- History 108A, 121B, 174A, M182C, 185B
- Iranian 170
- Japanese 161
- Jewish Studies M150A
- Korean 165, 172
- Philosophy 100B, 104, 107, 155A
- Religion M105A, M105B, M105C, M106A, M107, M108, M132, M133, M135, 140, M142C, M155, M161A through M161D, M172, M173C, M174D, M174E, M178, M182A, M182B, M184A, M185D, M186A, M186B, M187SL
- World Arts and Cultures C142, C151
- Student are encouraged to select courses that focus on a specific religious tradition or traditions, or on a set of thematic issues important to the study of religion.
- A course may be taken twice, on different topics, for credit toward the minor where repetition is allowed by the department offering the course. A maximum of 4 units of special studies courses (197, 198, 199) approved by the adviser may be applied toward the minor.
- A minimum of 20 units applied toward the minor requirements must be in addition to units applied toward major requirements or another minor.
- Each minor course must be taken for a letter grade, and students must have an overall grade-point average of 2.0 or better. Successful completion of the minor is indicated on the transcript and diploma.