- This event has passed.
Teach-in for Peace
ROOM FULL for in- person attendance. Accepting Zoom registration only.
RSVP required. Register here
Explore sources of peace and non-violence with leading teachers, including:
- Salam Al-Marayati – Muslim Public Affairs Council
- Professor Carol Bakhos – UCLA Center for the Study of Religion
- Rabbi Sharon Brous – Ikar
- Prof./Rabbi Aryeh Cohen – American Jewish University
- Aziza Hasan – Executive Director, NewGround
- Andrea Hodos – Associate Director, NewGround
- Rabbi Chaim Seidler-Feller – Director Emeritus, UCLA Hillel
- Rev. Dr. Najuma Smith – Word of Encouragement Community Church
- Imam Dr. Jihad Turk – Bayan Islamic Graduate School
Moderated by Professor David Myers, UCLA Distinguished Professor & Sady and Ludwig Kahn Chair in Jewish History
Sessions taught by text experts, spiritual leaders, historians, peace activists & students.
- 4:30-4:45: Introduction (Prof. David Myers and poetry reading by Rachel Burnett)
- 4:45-5:05: Rabbi Sharon Brous
- 5:05-5:25: Imam Dr. Jihad Turk
- 5:25-5:45: Prof. Carol Bakhos
- 5:45-5:55: Break
- 5:55-6:15: Salam Al-Marayati
- 6:15-6:20: breathing exercise (Sharon Zelnick)
- 6:20-6:40: Prof. Rabbi Aryeh Cohen
- 6:40-6:50: Break
- 6:50-7:10: Rev. Dr. Najuma Smith
- 7:10-7:30: Aziza Hasan and Andrea Hodos
- 7:30-7:50: Rabbi Chaim Seidler-Feller
(Light refreshments provided)
Co-sponsored by the UCLA Center for the Study of Religion and the New Coalition for Peace in the Middle East.